Cataclysm brings with it a bunch of new daily quests. Grind ‘em out, get the rewards, and be happy. What rewards? Glad you asked. You’ll get the usual stuff:
- Gold, from 10 – 17 or so plus the loot dropped by the mobs.
- Rep with that faction
- Access to items from the faction Quartermaster
- If you’re in a guild you will also get guild rep and guild XP.
Here’s the list of all the daily quests, as of today:
Twilight Highlands, 5 quests
Alliance will be working for Wildhammer Dwarves
- Alliance: Keeping the Dragonmaw at Bay- kill Horde mobs and loot insignias. You can find these either in the stream bed or the ruined Dwarven huts.
- Alliance: Fight Like a Wildhammer – collect 10 kegs of Dwarven ale. In the ruined homes.
- Alliance: Never Leave a Dinner Behind, also In the ruined homes. The quest and popup say to collect 15, but you only have to collect 10 food items.
- Alliance: Warlord Halthar (Kill the Orc Leader) – Use this macro to find him. It will put the orange raid circle on him. He’ll be in one of the ruins.
- /tar Warlord Halthar
- /script SetRaidTarget(“target”, 2);
- Alliance: Beer Run – escort a supply caravan back to Kirthaven
Horde will be with the Dragonmaw Orcs.
- Horde: Crushing the Wildhammer – kill Alliance mobs and loot insignias.You can find these either in the stream bed or the ruined Dwarven huts.
- Horde: Total War - destroy 10 kegs of Dwarven ale. In the ruined homes.
- Horde: Another Maw to Feed, In the ruined homes. The quest and popup say to collect 15, but you only have to collect 10 food items.
- Horde: Bring Down the High Shaman (of the Wildhammer) – Use this macro to find him. It will put the orange raid circle on him. He’ll be in one of the ruins.
- /tar High Shaman
- /script SetRaidTarget(“target”, 2);
- Horde: Hook ‘em High – hook and kill Thundermar Gryphon Riders.
Vashj’ir – The Earthen Ring
No dailies are currenty available
Mt. Hyjal – Guardians of Hyjal
No dailies are currenty available, finishing the quests chains will take you to revered.
Uldum – Ramkahen
- Thieving Little Pluckers – Quick and easy
- Fire From the Sky – This was massively bugged on Cata release, but hotfixes have taken care of the bugs and this now provides 250 rep plus any rep bonuses. It’s found at the North end of Uldam, at coords: 41.4, 5.5
Deepholme – Therazane
These are the only dailies in Deepholme and both factions have access to all of them. To access these quests you have to do the entire Deepholme quest chain. At the end you will be honored with Therazane and can start the dailies. After you hit Revered you will get access to a couple more quests. Note that some of these quests are available daily and some are on a rotating/random basis.
Dailies available everyday:
- Fear of Boring – Kill 10 gyreworms in the caverns
- Fungal Fury – Stomp out ten mushrooms in the Crimson Expanse. The mushrooms have various effects when “killed.”
- Motes – The rock creatures need snacks and guess who get to do lunch service?
- Soft Rock
- Through Persistence
Random Daily Quests: Note that the last two of these require Revered reputation before you can acquire them.
- Beneath the Surface – The clusters are always at the back of the stubby side passages in the caverns.
- Lost In The Deeps – By doing this quest ten times you receive the achievement Rock Lover.and gain Pebble as a pet (he’s mailed to you.) Pebble always spawns in the same place and it’s just a short run to safety.
- Underground Economy – This one is actually picked up in the caverns, in the first room. Each room in the caverns has only one type of crystal, so you’ll have to visit at least four rooms to set your explosives.
- Glop, Son of Glop – (Revered required) It seems that Glop, who you already killed in a previous quest, was a rather prolific so and so. His sons keep returning and have a pretty good respawn rate. If someone of your faction is waiting in line for the next son to appear then team up.
- The Restless Brood – (Revered required) Note that you don’t actually kill her, you subdue her. She’ll get uppity again, soon. If the quest turn-in isn’t right there it’ll be at Therazane’s throne room. If you “ring the stone” and aren’t automatically tossed up to the rocks then you can either click the giant elemental and ask him to toss you or you can try clicking the rocks directly. Even if someone else is already doing the quest you can still get credit for doing it as long as you’re on the rocks.
TB is the new Wintergrasp – both sides fight for control and the winner gets access to the dailies.”To gank, or not to gank, that is the question…”
34 dailies each, not all of which are available at the same time, as some are random or rotating. In addition to the usual cash and rep Tol Barad Commendations are awarded for completing each daily. Tol Barad Commendations can be used to purchase rewards from your faction’s Tol Barad Quartermaster.
- Here is the list of the Horde dailies for Hellscream’s reach.
- Here is the list of the Alliance dailies for Baradin’s Wardens.
Uldam, Twilight Highlands, and Deepholme all have long quest chains to access the dailies. To make sure you hit those chains quickly and efficiently you should considered a leveling guide.